Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bunch of Stuff - It's a long one.

So I know it's been awhile but our corporate year end is today so it's been a little busy. So I think subheadings will work best for all our updates, so here goes...

GABBY

Well Gabby had her 4 month check up last week and she came out a whopping 15 lbs, 1 oz and was 24.25 inches. Which put her in the 80% for weight and 60% for height. She's tracking right along; however, she was 2 inches shorter then Bella was at 4 months...so I'm thinking Bella's got the Newell height and Gabby may be closer to the Floras lack of height. I guess we'll see. Here's Gabby at her appointment - loving the paper.She is talking so much...a lot more than I remember Bella doing. She sings when Ryan plays the piano (see video). It is too cute, she stops when he stops and then picks right back up when the music is on.

She's been a great sleeper but has croup (what they now call RSV); however, she's doing a lot better and it hasn't gotten into her chest yet so that is a blessing. No teeth yet but I'm thinking any day we'll see them poking through. She goes through about 5-6 bibs a day of drool. She sleeps like Bella when she was tiny - arms in the air like she's on a rollercoaster.

She was so tired one morning I found her asleep hanging half way off the bouncer. Guess it's time to strap her in.
So one thing we aren't sure about is what happened to all of Gabby's hair? She had so much hair when she was born and now it is so light but a lot of what was on top has disappeared somewhere. This was at a few weeks...look at how much she had!

BELLA

We always have a lot of stories with Bella so I'll try to limit them. She had her 2 year appointment last week when I took Gabby. She is now 31.2 lbs and 35 inches. I can't believe she's that big and wearing some 3T clothes already. She still in the 90% for height and weight, which makes her one of the tallest in her class.

I finally finished her room this weekend, but she discovered that she could leave her room about a week after we converted her bed. She scared the crap out of me the first few nights because I would roll over and she would just be staring at me. She wouldn't say anything just stare..it was creepy. Luckily that only last a few nights. Now she gets only once usually around 5am , then I (she never wakes Joel up) get up and take her back to her room where I think she just plays for another hour until she reappears next to me. A few mornings I found books on the floor next to my nightstand. I have no idea how long she sat there reading. Yesterday she was telling her dragonflies (that I just put on the wall) "no". I was wondering who she was talking to, then that night Joel told me she was yelling at the dragonflies on her wall. Not sure what they were doing since they are stickers that don't move.

Here's the girls in Bella's new chair.

She still loves coloring and has been obsessing about tracing feet. She traces her foot, then mommy's and then Gabby's. She even tries to have Gabby color with her and hands everyone a crayon and paper to color on. All three of us have our own. She's starting to make circles and get really into what she is drawing instead of just putting a few lines down. Tonight she was coloring post-its at Papa's house and I was trying to leave and she said sit down mama...apparently she wasn't done with her artwork.
She didn't want to wait for bath time to use her bathtub crayons so she jumped in and started coloring.
Puzzles is another big thing. She surprised me this past weekend when she got all of the pieces in the spots by herself (see video). She likes her shape and animal puzzles. She's starting to figure out that sometimes she needs to turn the piece until it fits, but she figures out where they need to go. I loved puzzles and still do, so I guess she's taking after me in that respect.

She continues to surprise us. She is so loving and sweet. She is talking so much and it's fun to actually figure out what she's saying...makes life so much easier. She gives kisses to Gabby which melt my heart to see that unconditional love between them. She has become such a great big sister and loves to help with Gabby's baths and giving her blankets and her toys. She loves to read books and grab Gabby's hand to run it over the fuzzy animals.
Joel reading to her the other weekend and her sitting in her new chair.
SATURDAYS/FOOTBALL DAY

Saturday's are great family days. Well it's all about football right now. Joel has succeeded in having Bella do the second part of "O-H I-O" (see video). In addition, he has also taught her to give everyone a nice "good game". Cosmo isn't even safe.




SCORPIONS...YEP ANOTHER ONE
Yes, I found another one bigger than the previous one. Actually I screamed when I saw it at 12:30 in the morning when I was going to the bathroom and it was sitting on a towel in the hamper. The towel we had used on one of the girls a few hours earlier. Yes - I made Joel get out of bed to kill it. After I talked to my mom's bug guy he said since we've only found them in the bathrooms it's pretty common for them to live above the bathrooms because we have a tile roof and they can get water that way, and that they fall through the vents (which was right above the hamper). So Joel spent all of Saturday putting up wire mesh in the vents to keep them out. Hopefully no more little friends will be found.

GRANDPA
This past weekend Grandpa gave us a scare. The doctors said it was a TIA since all of his tests came back negative for a stroke or heart attack. He was able to go back home today. I went up and saw him yesterday and it was so sweet to see him hold grandma hand. It's amazing to see how much love they have for each other after 68 years of marriage (almost 69). Thank you to everyone for their prayers I know it made a difference.

THINGS I LOVE
Finally, I wanted to write down all the things that I love right now. Since I've been so swamped and have had so many thoughts in my head lately I wanted to write them down so I could journal the girls scrapbooks later (if I ever find time again). So here goes...

I LOVE...
  • the unexpected kisses from Bella
  • when Bella comes up behind me and gives me a hug
  • watching both girls discover the world around them
  • how Gabby gazes at me and then gives me the biggest grin when I look back at her
  • how Bella always says good-bye to Cosmo in the mornings
  • the sound of Joel reading to Bella
  • when Bella sings
  • Gabby's squeals
  • hearing Bella say "mama" and "daddy"
  • hearing Joel make Gabby laugh
  • how Bella says I love you - "Luv voo"
  • how Gabby plays with my fingers
  • the smell of the girls after their baths
  • Bella mimicking me when I get ready in the mornings
  • the feel of their soft chubby cheeks
  • when Gabby gets excited and kicks her legs around in delight
  • when Bella twirls around
  • the sound of the girls' giggles and laughter
  • watching Bella wear my shoes around the house
  • how Bella shows Gabby how her toys work
  • the unexpected things Bella says
  • Gabby's tiny toes
  • hearing Bella run up and down the hall
  • watching Gabby sleep so peacefully
  • Bella snuggling with me in the mornings
  • holding Gabby until she falls asleep
  • watching Bella try new things
  • how fearless Bella is
  • seeing Joel with both girls
  • when Bella holds Gabby hand unexpectedly
  • Gabby cuddling with her little blankets
  • chasing Bella around
  • when Gabby has a conversation with you
  • the way Bella accessorizes her outfits with purses, bracelets and sunglasses
  • how Bella talks along when she watches Bee Movie and parts of Nemo
  • how Gabby moves her mouth like she has so much to say but nothing comes out
  • having Bella pick out books and reading to the girls at night
  • playing peek-a-boo with Gabby
  • watching Bella make faces in the mirror to see what she looks like

We are so blessed and I am reminded of this every time I look at my family. Thank you Lord for all you have given us. Sorry this was so long, but I don't want to forget since time seems to be flying by. I still can't believe Bella will be 2 next Friday!

0 comments: