Saturday, October 04, 2008

My precious babies

Tonight as I was reading to Bella and she snuggled up next to me with her blanket and just leaned on me while we read. She is learning the words in her books and loves to sing, so we ended the night singing twinkle, twinkle. She gave me a great big hug and kiss good night...and reminded me to turn off her light as I left (however she was up two seconds after I walked out and Joel had to lay her down again).

Then it was Gabby's turn. Joel headed to the office to work and I went to the bedroom to feed her (she can get a little upset when you take the bottle away to burp her so I didn't want to wake Bella up). After the bottle she was just looking at me with those big blue eyes and holding my fingers. After a tickle session we put on pjs and got her wrapped up in her blanket. She hung on to her little monkey and just kept feeling it and looking at it. She would smile and then give a little giggle. Soon my precious little one was sound asleep in my arms snuggling her little blanket. She looked so peaceful and I sat there in wonder. Thinking what adventures my girls will get into. What will they be when they grow up? Just praying that they are as happy as they are right now. I am amazed every day by these two beautiful little miracles. Thank you Lord...those three little words just don't seem adequate for the blessings you have given us...but Thank You.

1 comments:

Bonnie Newell said...

Four days and counting - can't wait to hug and squeeze those sweet little ones.