Sunday, September 14, 2008

A weekend of firsts

There are alot of pictures - but I take so many it's hard not to put a whole bunch up...plus the week is always packed so it leaves me the weekend to get the whole week updated...so here goes.

Here's Gabby sitting on the couch with all her toys
She also started squealing this week...it is so funny!


Bella like her daddy (and Granna) has become obsessed with flavor ice. She asks for it constantly of course it's called "yellow" (like everything else). She even had a complete melt down Friday night and cried so hard because I wouldn't let her have it for dinner...they are now hidden high up in the freezer so she can't see them so when she's looking for them at every meal.
Saturday morning she made eggs with daddy.
Gabby is drooling buckets as you can tell by her shirt.
Saturday we went to Logan's 2nd birthday (I even charged by battery to take my camera and remembered the camera but forgot the battery - I was so bummed b/c Bella was cute playing baseball and eating/shoving popcorn into her mouth by the handfuls). Anyway, Joel was allowed to dress one of the girls in OSU gear. He was a little upset that the entire family wasn't decked out...but it looks like it wouldn't have helped anyway. But Bella was adorable - Thanks Pappa and Granna for the bibs.

Saturday was also the day we converted Bella's crib into her toddler bed. I wasn't sure how that was going to go since Friday she freaked out when I suggested changing her bed. However, by Saturday helping daddy was fun.
No more pooh bear. Onto purple and yellow dragonflies.

I laid down with her for her first nap - which took her 2 hours to fall asleep (these are not made for adults to sleep in). Since then we've just laid her down and she's gone to sleep like usual...so far so good. I don't think she realizes she can get out and open the door yet. She still waits for us to come in and get her. This morning she was sitting in her bed playing with the clothes in her drawer under her bed. The only thing she could reach while still being in bed. Not sure how long it will take her realize she can get out, but I'm sure she'll scare me soon in the middle of the night when she comes into our room or while I'm working.
Our other first of the weekend happened this morning - Gabby rolled over from her belly to her back all on her own. It took Bella forever to roll I think she was almost 7 or 8 months...even then she hardly did it...so we'll see how much of a roller Gabby is.

Gabby in her cute dress for church this morning.

Bella feeding Cosmo...she loves her new chore.

Tonight we went over and celebrated Nana's 59th birthday.
Papa made mashed potatoes which Bella LOVED it was the only thing she ate at dinner and she had 3 huge helpings...they were all over her face.
Then it was time for brownies, ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce - her belly was so huge by the time we gave her a bath.
Well - I hope every one has a good week. Hopefully next Saturday will be a little better for OSU and ASU (but I am pretty sure OSU has better chances for a win than ASU against Georgia)

0 comments: