Sunday, November 23, 2008

Unexpected Surgery

Well I am sitting here in the hospital bored and starving. I had been having painful episodes in the middle of the night, so yesterday when one hit me at 4 am and last 2 1/2 hours I headed to the E.R. They sent me home thinking it was gastritis; however they had done an ultrasound and found gall stones. The said they were not inflamed so he didn't think that was it. I went home and had another episode, so I called dad who then called his good friend who is a general surgeon. Dr. Hernandez admitted me and I'll have my gall bladder removed tomorrow morning at 6:30.

I guess you never know God's timing. The girls are with Uncle Ry-rie, Nana and Papa. Joel is here with me. Luckily he is off Thursday and Friday....but Thanksgiving dinner will not be nearly as indulging for me! It is strange to not have the girls near, but Joel is going to go pick them up for me so we can hang out a little bit. I should be home tomorrow night or Tuesday morning depending how I am moving after surgery. Thanks for all the prayers.

By the way...Gabby has two teeth coming in. We discovered them Friday night. She had been a little fussy Friday and then I found out why. She is such a good baby.

1 comments:

Lindsey @ Enjoying Healthy Foods said...

Oh my goodness... I am praying for you! I hope everything goes quick and smoothly!