Sunday, November 16, 2008

Playing with a new perspective

Yes I know it's been a few weeks...so I have a lot of pictures and videos so everyone can get a good Bella & Gabby fix...it goes without saying this will be a long one. Where to start?

Gabby could be the happiest baby ever. She loves sitting, holding things, singing and chewing on everything. She loves all the new (Bella's old ones) toys she can play with now. Favorites are the music table and anything she can pick up and put in her mouth. She loves to sing to the radio in the car...and giggles at just about anything (especially Bella being silly). She's had a cough the past 2 months but still is so happy even though you can tell she doesn't feel good. She has been wearing 9 months but even some of those are snug. She's up to size 3 diapers...in which we found that she is allergic to the Pampers that Bella had. It's the same brand but different kind, so we switched to Huggies, not a big fan but it saves her from getting a rash everywhere.

Bella is working on sharing. Books may be the one thing Bella doesn't mind sharing with Gabby. The other morning Bella gave her this book while I was trying to get dressed. Gabby was just looking for the best corner to get her mouth. Although she LOVES the touchy-feely books.
Like Daddy and Bella, Gabby loves eating. We are onto fruits and she just devours the entire container. The only thing she hasn't been a fan of is carrots...but she still ate all of them...just with extra faces.
I couldn't resist. Christmas is everywhere and Joel and I actually got all the girls stuff yesterday, so being in the spirit...Gabby got her santa helper hat on! I can't wait until we get the tree up and can decorate cookies with Bella and sing carols. It will be so much fun now that she is starting to understand it. She keeps taking Gabby's Santa and dancing around with it.
Onto Bella. I can officially say Bella is potty trained. She actually has had only one accident in the past few weeks (and that was only because she didn't sit far back enough on the potty). It still amazes me how fast she picked it up...her teachers are thrilled she actually tells them when she has to go. We are still in pull-ups at night but she keeps them dry so we may just go to all panties soon.
Bella is obsessed with coloring. She gets very focused on her picture...it's a little intense.
She is such a ham. She is talking non-stop. It was amazing that one day she woke up and knew all these words. I told Joel that I was so thankful I could understand her, but the child just doesn't stop talking. My favorite phrases are "I hold you" (when she wants us to hold her), "thank you mommy/daddy" and her newest is "I got it". She also went through an ewwww phase when she said it to everything that she thought was dirty. Including spices on her food or if she dropped food in her lap. She hasn't done it that much this week, but I was starting to think we were getting a girly girl on our hands.
She also has been putting on Joel's shorts instead of her pjs when she gets out of her bath. the other night she had on his hat and shoes too.
She found her hat for Ohio/Indiana...and thankfully she loves it. She wears it all the time. Now we just have to not lose it before our trip.
A few more...
I love how Gabby has her hand on Bella's arm...while Bella is reading to her. And onto videos. Bella doing her O-H-I-O letters.
Gabby had the giggles the other day. Sorry for the shaking...I was making faces to get her to laugh.

Gabby had on a monkey shirt the other day and I called her a monkey too. Bella promptly corrected me that she was the monkey and Gabby was the giraffe. Here she is explaining that to me.

Gabby absolutely LOVES bath time. Now that she's sitting up, she splashes and wiggles around.

The other night we went to dinner...and Bella loved the music she was dancing all around in her chair.

Well I hope everyone has gotten their little princesses fix. I'll try to be better but the next few weeks are pretty packed. Not that I still don't find time to take pictures or videos...it just takes awhile to get them from the camera to the computer. Love to all.

PS - As long as it took me to get this one up...it doesn't look like I'll be getting Bella's (or my)thank you notes out for all our birthday presents we got, since it was over a month ago. So THANK YOU everyone!!!

0 comments: