Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Joyous Chaos

This past week and a half has been hellish. No other word for it (well I could think of a few but figured I should keep this Bonnie-rated (family joke)). Anyway amidst the mood swings from both girls (I'm not sure if I'm glad they do it opposite of each other or if I should wish they both threw fits at the same time) there are the amazing moments that give me back a little sanity. Here are some of those moments caught on camera....

Gabby has become a big fan of her exersaucer...as long as you are next to her.
Sunday Joel was going to take Bella to the mall to go birthday shopping for mama (we both had worked until 2 am so we were skipping church, plus Bella was throwing up Friday night so it made for a long weekend), but Joel put her in the car and she kept saying church...so the two of them went. She looked so grown up in this picture.
Getting ready to read books before bed.
They are so cute together.
Playing peek-a-boo this morning.
Yesterday, Gabby started cereal. It didn't take her long to inhale it and want the spoon.
Today, she wasn't happy in the jumper...but I finally got some pictures of her pouty face.
She's lasting longer with no help...so hopefully she'll be up by herself and can play.

VIDEOS...

Yesterday I was looking for my shoes and I heard both girls laughing. I came back in the room and Bella was playing peek-a-boo with Gabby. The really high pitch squeals is Gabby laughing at her big sister.

Gabby loves to spit...this has made feeding interesting...but she entertains herself and cracks me up when she does it.

This weekend after dinner Joel and Bella were at the table and Bella started mimicking Joel.

Bella and her harmonica...we'll have to go play with Great Grandma Shotton soon.

Potty Training Update: I have to say that Bella is day time trained and about 50/50 at night. She had a few accidents Sunday because of her stomach bug and the Sunday school teacher not getting her to the potty in time (although Bella said she told her), but other than that has been dry. She wears pull ups to sleep in but has been getting up to potty in the middle of the night...among doing other things like playing at 2:00 am. This morning (2:30) I rolled over and she said here mama and handed me my knob from my dresser than she had decided to take off in the middle of the night. She also "decorated" her bed about 3:00 am with all her pull ups and sometime in the middle of the night walked around in my shoes. Crazy child. We could opt for the easy way and put her bed with us instead of getting up 8 times like last night but I'm afraid she would never leave, so I attempted to put her down later tonight in hopes of getting sleep. Well it's midnight and I still have work to do...so I better stop writing and get back to it.

0 comments: