Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Girls are so fun!!!

I know I posted quite a bit last week...but since I finally downloaded all 600 pictures I took in Feb (I know it was even a short month) it seemed that a lot happened with the girls....so here goes...

Gabby is letting go with one hand and the other day she let go with both. She has great balance and I know it is just a matter of time before she starts walking. She has recently discovered how much fun it is to empty her diaper bag out.

The girls playingGabby found her tongue
Being just like big sister
Bella tagged Gabby with stickers.
Gabby also loves Bella's fridge toys. She like to push the animals so they make noise. She is getting so big every day and is understanding more and responding to us asking her to come. She also squeals at people (anyone) who isn't paying attention to her.
Bella eating daddy's ice cream cake. She was so cute. Joel gave her a princess/kid fork and she couldn't cut through the ice cream, so she told her daddy that the princess fork was broken and she needed a big fork...then she ranted about the broken princess fork for about 2 minutes...none of which we understood.
Gabby playing with pots and pans
So on the drive home Friday Bella asked to color. I said okay and made it clear to only color on the paper..."Bella what do we color on"..."the paper only". So I pull into the garage to hear Bella laughing with delight..."look mommy I colored on my legs, I'm going to show Daddy" Not only had she colored on her legs but also her hands...
Saturday was Bella's first swim lesson...she did great. Almost drown at the beginning and I freaked out...but didn't want to scare her. She was on the step and the teacher her told her to stay...of course Bella just jumped in and the teacher had her back to her. Bella was struggling under the water for what was actually a few seconds but seemed like forever. I went running into the pool about to jump in when the teacher turned and grabbed her. Seeing her under the water trying to reach the top is still so vivid in my mind. It didn't phase her and I didn't want to scare her by pulling her out, so she finished the lesson and had a great time. She listened to everything the teacher said after that. I went back into the parents area and a lady asked if I was okay...then a dad said well that's why they are here...he was such a ass I didn't hold back and gave him a piece of my mind.
So I've become even more addicted to photoshop as you can tell below. I've found these great things called actions (Thanks Angie). They can create all sorts of looks to your photos (vintage, washes, etc)

1 comments:

The Vaughters said...

Such great pictures and stories! I love the effects on your last few photos - so cool!