Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bella's Bad Day (which turned into Mommy's too)

I guess 2 1/2 years without going to the ER is a good sign...but today was our day. Bella got in a fight with the concrete and apparently got her butt kicked. So Gabby I headed to pick Bella up around 4 but knew she was outside playing so we headed to the bank first...when I got the call she had fell off a table (she says but no one saw what happened) and scraped herself. We were across the street so headed over. Her head was scratched with a little bump...but as I talked to the director the bump kept getting bigger and more purple...so we of course called papa and he suggested we go to the ER. I dropped Gabby off with Uncle Ryan (who has had her all week...thanks Ryrie)...and we went on to the children's ER. She was so brave and the nurses loved her. She had an x-ray and then showed everyone her sleeping beauty sticker. It ended up just being a hematoma...but when Joel got there he was shocked at her bump...the pictures just do not do it justice...
To make her day worse...that was the 3rd incident that day. A kid scratched her arm and then another kid scratched her eye. We finally got home (it was actually a pretty fast ER visit) and into bed around 8:30. Joel headed back to work when I was in the kitchen getting the card out of the camera...when I saw a scorpion run across the floor and into the laundry pile. I could not believe it. I kept an eye on it in Gabby's pants afraid it would go deeper into the pile I got the other clothes moved...called Joel...it started moving towards Bella's door so I knew I had to kill it (I HATE scorpions)...so I cut his tail off and stomped it and then chopped it into pieces. It is now under gladware until Joel comes home to clean it up. I understand it is a small (ours are big) spider but they just completely creep me out...so now it's 10 pm and I have tons of work to do...but am in Joel's shoes freaked that I will find another one.

On a happier note...I got to finally spend some time with Gabby today (but am freaked out knowing she crawls all over this floor with a scorpion). Anyway...she was too cute even though she has another cold.
she loves to come find us. We'll call to her now and she follow us around the house.

I got a great picture of all of her 6 teeth!

1 comments:

Bonnie Newell said...

I'm glad Bella is feeling better. i love the picture of Gabby peeking around the wall. Two weeks from tonight we will be in Arizona for a fun filled week of hugging babies! I can't wait.