Saturday, July 11, 2009

Piggy Tails & The World Life Zoo

Gabby is doing so well in school. She is starting to love being dropped off. The other day when I went to pick her up Sandra (one of her teachers) had put her hair in pig tails and ribbons. She looked like a little girl not my baby any more.

The girls have enjoyed Pappa & Granna visiting. We got up early and headed to the World Life Zoo to beat some of the heat. I hadn't been there since I was little and it was one giant cage with Tigers & Panthers. It has since moved and grown into a large park. We saw great animals and were able to get really close to some. The birds at the entrance...
There were several monkey exhibits.
On daddy's shoulders
Seeing the kangaroos There were two that had Joeys in their pouches...you can see it's feet sticking out.
Looking at the tigers...Bella would say hi Tigers Rise and Shine.
Gabby was funny and started to roar at this one.
I think Gabby looks a lot like her Granna in this picture.

We had a little refuge from the heat in the small mammal section...Gabby looking at some little monkeys
White Tiger
The zebras walked over for a visit and some shade
By the time we got to the giraffes it was pretty hot...so they were all laying in the grass so Bella couldn't feed them but had fun trying to throw pellets at them
At the end we headed to the nicely air conditioned aquariums. They had two baby white tigers in the first one we went to.
Bella wanted to see sharks all day
It was really hot and Gabby loved playing in the water...I don't think she realized there were urchins in there to touch.
Touching the starfish
Bella wasn't sure of the sting rays...so Pappa got some shrimp to feed them and she finally got up to watch

Bella is a stinker and tonight here's how a conversation went while drying off...

I asked her something...
Bella: "Shut Up"
Jen: "What did you say?"
Bella: "I didn't say anything and I'm not lying"
Jen: "I know you said something I heard you"
Bella: "I didn't say anything"
Jen: "Did you say 'Shut up'?"
Bella: "Yes, sorry Mommy"

Which then turned into a conversation about how we don't lie. It was so hard to keep a straight face ... Bonnie looked at me after Bella left the room and said it's only the beginning :).

2 comments:

The Vaughters said...

What a neat zoo! How fun! Gabby does look so old with her little piggies. Adorable! :)

Bonnie Newell said...

We loved every minute with those precious girls - and Joel and Jen, too! :-) Our house in Ohio seems very quiet without little girls talking.