Friday, February 20, 2009

A Day With Bella & Gabby

I know I posted yesterday, but wanted to write down my day with Bella before I forgot all the funny things she did...so here goes.

Bella stayed home today since she had a fever yesterday and after a night of getting up 4 times from her coughing to having to potty to wanting a drink. I woke up exhausted to start with. At breakfast we put on pooh "bannaids" on her feet since her sandals rubbed yesterday...however we had to put one on the other foot too - tigger - because she had to have a pooh and tigger.
So we had a pretty good morning playing with legos, dolls and Gabby (aka "Grabby Hands"). She wanted pig tails and then put on her princess shoes and then added a belt...she finally decided she wanted her butterfly ("flutterfly") outfit, so we changed and re-added all the accessories. She came out and said "I'm going to Daddy's work". We continued playing and she thought that lunging over her monkey chair would be fun...and that led to rolling around a half blown up Valentine's Day balloon. Gabby went down for a nap and we watched Cinderella and had to "fast forward it" when the cat was chasing the mouse. Then she wanted Happy Feet so we started that one.

Then it was time for her nap. We read a book and she hopped into bed. I mistaking thought she was asleep when she came the first time...which she wanted "ater"...then back to bed...then she came out wanting "honey" for her cough, so i got the honey and then that became "yucky i don't like it" (even though she's had it the past 3 days without a problem) but she would eat it off my finger just not off the spoon...then back to bed...when I hear her singing her ABCs...so I go in and find legos in her bed...so then lay her back down once the toys are out of her bed...then Gabby gets up and about 25 minutes later (once again thinking she's finally gone down) I here a bang and go into find her closing her drawer and her bed is now full of dolls and their clothes plus bunny slippers and butterfly wings...so I lay her back down...about 30 more minutes and I hear banging on her door...open it again and she says "hi mommy I'm not taking a nap today"...so I gave up after almost 3 hours.

Then I went to try Gabby for a 2nd nap and as I'm rocking her Bella slowly opens the door, comes over and whispers "Mama I'm going to go eat some fru snacks" and then slowly closed the door behind her. I laid Gabby down and came out to Bella bouncing on her ball with the "fru snacks" next to her waiting for mommy to open them. Then it was time for a real snack and she asked for "fart yogurt" it took me to figure out she meant fruit.

Gabby woke up from her short lived 30 minute nap to Bella going potty and screaming out "mommy I had a big poop"...I mean really you just have to laugh sometimes. It is now 4:30 and Bella is still running around putting everything to bed and Gabby is still following her and now playing with the balloon. They were actually really cute playing together today...and I know there are going to be so many more great sister moments. Bella I'm pretty sure hit another growth spurt since her pants are too short and she looks so tall today. Gabby's top teeth have broken through which was luckily uneventful.


A few more Bella stories...she has become obsessed with having a baby brother...she actually prays for him every night after she thanks god for her baby sister & gabby. It all started when I set aside the Bumbo to give to Molly. I had told Bella to stop playing with my piles because that was for Logan's baby brother and ever since then she talks about her baby brother all the time.

Bella's next obsession is boobs/nipples. I'm not sure why but she points and talks about hers all the time especially in the bathtub. This morning she woke up and said..."mama my nipple and booty hurt". Yesterday I had a sweatshirt on in the morning and she asked me "mama where did your boobs go...do you need a bra?" I'm thinking...yes because of you and your sister. Oh my I know this is only the beginning of "the funny things kids say" I'm just glad it hasn't happened in public (but know that is just a moment away).

So ending on that note, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I can't believe there is only 1 more week left in February...crazy

0 comments: