Thursday, July 24, 2008

2 months

Well to say the past two months has flown by would be an understatement. Gabby had her 2 month appointment today and both was she the opposite of Bella (unfortunately). She screamed the entire time...from the time I undressed her she was crying and/or screaming. It was not a pleasant experience...I figure she'll hate getting dirty and getting hurt. Bella always takes her shots like a champ...has only cried once. Anyway, she weighs a hefty 11 lbs 15 oz and is now 22 1/2 inches. I thought she was bigger than Bella at this point, but has slowed down a bit and is shorter and a few ounces lighter than Bella. Despite the crying the doctor said she looked great. She's been really smiley the past few days and I've been trying so hard to get a good picture, but this one will have to do. She makes the funniest faces until she can get the grin out...trying to get a video of that one too.
After I posted the pictures on Saturday the door bell rang and Pappa and Granna had sent the girls a box of Christmas presents - Christmas in July. Bella thought it was so great to open presents and loves her new crayon/markers.
Sunday could have been Joel's all time favorite church service....because it was wear your jersey to church day...so in true Ohio State form the ENTIRE family had to wear OSU...let me just say we were the only family all dressed up...and Joel couldn't have been prouder. I still contest OSU fans are cult like...we went to shake hands during service and the people behind us started O-H...I-O.
I think Gabby was practicing being the "H"...since football season is right around the corner.

Bella has been her typical split personality self lately. I jinxed myself this morning because she was so good with Gabby and has been that I thought we'd finally turned a corner. She snuggled up with me this morning while Gabby was eating and Gabby was playing with Bella's hair which Bella loved...then when she was done we would make faces at Gabby to see if we could get her to smile. She's also been giving her kisses...then tonight everything was great (Gabby was pooped from her traumatic doctors appointment) until Gabby woke up and needed to eat and Bella lost it...it got so bad that I had to call Joel to come home, since both girls at that point were screaming hysterically. Bella kept saying Baby in swing and then up please (it was so sad...because she was trying everything possible to get me to hold her and put Gabby down) and Gabby was so upset because she was hungry and Bella was screaming...it was not fun. They both finally calmed down about 5 minutes before Joel walked in the door.

Anyway...here is our little diva helping me water the plants when we got home.
So this morning Bella held a long conversation with her monkey chair...it was so funny that I had record part of it. She is getting so talkative these days. She had another conversation earlier in the week with Nana and Papa T's clock. It had a plaque on it and it looked liked she was reading it.

0 comments: