Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bella Language and other tidbits

This past weekend Bella created a new language...if anyone can decipher please clue us in. Joel says she's making fun of us. She started talking this weekend and hasn't stopped. I guess since she's figured out her motor skills now she's working on her verbal ones. Joel and I have no idea what she is saying, but she gets pretty animated with her arms when she's talking to you. Here's a video from the other day...it gets especially noisy at dinner time.

Bella and I spent the day together - well she slept most of the day - but when she was up, she was funny like usual. She didn't feel well, so we finally put her on antibiotics and she slept until 10:45 this morning....we had a nap until 4 and then she was ready to go. It was so nice to spend the day with her. I love working, but have been so busy and stressed the past two weeks (working everyday for the past 16 days some of them 12 hours plus), I think it was God's way of forcing me to slow down today and enjoy her. So we were playing and she started spinning in circles...then she'd try and walk. It was the funniest thing. I got a video after she had started the first time because it was so funny.

At dinner, once we had tried a few different meals she ended up with fish sticks and an apple. She is getting pretty picky about what she wants...the other night all she would eat was corn. She has also decided that she is old enough to feed herself and that mom doesn't need to hold the plate or bowl...so I got the bright idea to buy plates that use suction to stay on the tray...well it didn't last long and she had peas all over herself tonight and the plate on her head. One smart determined girl to get that plate up.

She also didn't like the idea that mom cut pieces of apple for her and she ended up trying to eat the big apple. She did pretty good and sat there for a good 25 minutes eating little pieces she was able to bite off.


Bella's other favorite thing right now is to hug Zona and Cosmo. She has been tormenting them since she could crawl, but now I think they actually are used to her snuggling up with them and them petting/slapping them. Bella also "throws" (drops) Zona's ball and she chases it around. Here Bella is giving Zona a hug.

Last but not least, we went to the park this past weekend and took Bella on the slides and swings. It's so amazing that she is big enough to go down slides. She does it at school, but it was the first time mommy and daddy got to enjoy seeing her do it.

2 comments:

prepcod said...

I have "Lunch" with Bella almost everyday. I sit at my desk, eat my lunch and listen to her Bella language over and over. Such a sweet little girl!

prepcod said...

I eat "lunch" with Bella almost every day. I sit at my desk and play the Bella language from blog over and over. Can't wait to hear her in person. - Granna