Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gabby lives up to her middle name.

Typically we talk about all of Bella's antics...but we are going to start out with Gabby this time...don't worry Bella will be next. Anyway, Gabby is such a JOY that she is living up to her name! She could be the happiest baby ever. Bella was a great baby, but Gabby is even more laid back and so happy all the time. She gives the biggest smiles and her chubby cheeks and rolls make me just want to snuggle her forever. I can't believe next week she will be 3 months. I packed away all her 3 month clothes two weeks ago and we are now into her 6 month outfits! She is sleeping through the night (almost) she'll go down about 9 and sleep until about 3 or 4 (if I give her a nuk she'll sleep 2 more hours). She loves exploring her world and LOVES her big sister. I think she smiles the most when she sees Bella. She's so peaceful when she sleeps. I work at night in her room and just find myself staring at her at 1 am in amazement. She is drooling like crazy so I'm thinking she's going to be like Bella and have teeth at 4 months. She is cooing which I love and stares at the fan, the fish on her swing and the animals on her mobile and her light up star on her einstein mat (which Bella loved too). Well here is our little JOY...grinning with all her might.
So last Friday was water day at Bella's day care. She of course had such a blast. Some kids just stood there...Bella was running around and squealing...it was funny.

Then I picked her up and we headed to Papa and Nana's house to see Uncle Chad and Aunt Steph's new puppy...I thought Bella would love the puppy but she was more annoyed that Emme kept grabbing her broom while she was trying to sweep the grass!
Then Sunday we got to spend time with the Hodges...I know I'm a little late in posting since Brent and Jess got their pictures up that night...what can I say. Anyway here's Mason with Gabby
Then Mase and Bella went out and played in the sandbox. Bella wanted nothing to do with the sand at first, so I'm thinking in my mind what a great trip we'll when we go to San Diego in a few weeks; however....
she finally got in and loved the feel of the sand between her toes. I can't wait to play with her on the beach in two weeks!!! We had such a great time with Brent and Jess and we can't wait until Cash gets here in a few months!!
So even though Gabby is so smiley...she also gives a great big frown when she's hungry. I've been trying to get a picture of it, but this is as close as I've gotten.
Cosmo is getting pretty old and slow these days...he is 13. I think Bella felt sorry for him since we got home the other night and she gave him a pillow and a blanket and then rubbed his back!
Gabby was so cute in her sundress the other day...the flip flops were a little big but I still had to get a picture.
So after taking so many pictures...I got this face...which reminded me of...
this one...Bella gave the same face when I took a bunch of pictures of her at 2 1/2 months too.
Anyway back to our smiley girl.
I don't know where Bella gets the need to clean everything...yesterday she decided to clean Gabby and wiped her head with a towel and then moved on to wiping the couch down.

Bella has been such a talker lately...of course the favorite word is yellow right now (it used to be purple), but she's starting to combine words and I'm able to figure out what she's saying better. Anyway, I bought her a new stool that has two steps so she can reach the sink...and look at herself, she is quite the drama queen. She makes faces and even fake cries to see what she looks like...it is so funny! Anyway...here she is just chatting away.

Gabby is starting notice the world around her. Yesterday in her bouncer she was concentrating so hard on the animals. She would bounce and they would move and her eyes were so focused. Don't worry she's not foaming at the mouth...just a lot of spit bubbles and drool!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comments:

The Hodges Family said...

we had so much fun with you guys, too and always do! i love all of these pictures! I hope you guys have such a great trip we'll have to get together again when you get back! :) love you guys! Jess