Monday, December 19, 2011

I want Jesus in my heart

So I have to write this down before I forget.

Tonight when putting the girls to bed, Bella kept saying how she was so happy that Jesus died on the cross and that at Easter she was going to have happy tears. I asked her if she knew why Jesus died. She said she didn't really know. I went on to explain that God sent his only son, Jesus as a baby, and Bella said Christmas is Jesus' birthday. I said that was right, but when Jesus grew up there was a lot of sin in the world so Jesus died on the cross for all our sins. I asked her if she knew what sin was, and she said no. I explained that when we disobey God and do things he doesn't like it was sin. He wants us to be kind to everyone and help those in need. She said like the quarters to buy kids food (the girls filled m&m tubes for Feed My Starving Children the other night). I said that was right, and that God wants us to be an example for people that don't know him and that when Jesus is in our heart he can shine through us and other people can learn about Jesus. She asked if Jesus could live in her heart, and I said it was really easy to do all you had to do was pray for God to forgive your sins and to let Jesus live in your heart. So she prayed "God please take my sins away and Jesus please live in my heart forever."

Bella has always been very sensitive to others needs and always talks about God. She tells Jeremiah bible stories and this morning said she was writing a book about Jesus. She spelled Jesus as "GZZ".

1 comments:

Bonnie Newell said...

This is the most precious story. We will be praying for Bella as she grows to love Jesus more each day.