Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Papa T’s Meeting

So as my dad transitions his practice to our partnership with P&G, we had a meeting tonight for patients to ask questions. We thought we'd use the girls as the cute factor…and everyone knew right away that they were Dr Turner's granddaughters…guess he shows their pictures off. Bella and I bought dum dums at Target today and we practiced saying "Thank you for coming" that was shortened from "Thank you for coming to my Papa T's meeting" since we kept getting different variations of that thought yesterday. So I picked them up and like usual Bella had to tell everyone she came in contact with that we were going to Papa T's meeting to hand out lollipops. We got home, got a snack, changed into clean dresses, did their hair and headed out. On the way Gabby piped up in the back saying "Thank you for coming to Papa T's meeting". I couldn't believe she got the whole sentence out several times…as though she was practicing…Bella's version kept changing. On the drive Bella kept telling the cars to go faster that we had to get to Papa's meeting, and "there sure are a lot of people going to this meeting". I think she thought everyone driving was headed to the meeting. We got to the hotel and they both carried their bag of lollipops. There was a small mixer beforehand so they got to practice, but Bella kept getting impatient that no one was coming. Soon people started coming in but they couldn't figure out to only give each person one. I'd tried to tell the girls, now Bella you say thank you to the lady in the pink shirt and Gabby you do the gentleman…both girls gave everyone a lollipop, so people were walking in with 2 they couldn't tell them no. It didn't take long and Gabby plopped down on the floor and took her shoes off (they were a little tight), and then there was no stopping her. Anytime someone rounded the corner the girls ran up and said "thank you for coming". Gabby was so quiet and soft spoken and didn't understand when someone said "no thank you"…like they didn't know what they were giving up but she just went on to the next one. Gabby is usually more shy but she approached everyone but was just very quiet when she spoke. Bella on the other hand wouldn't take no for an answer and I thought was going to tackle a few that passed her by. I think one gentleman was just trying to sign in and didn't mean to ignore her, so she crept up next to him and yelled "does anyone want a lollipop?" It was so funny to see their personalities. Of course they were both spinning and dancing and Bella was talking to everyone…"do you like my mom's dress"…"I'm three and Gabby's two"…"I love my sparkly flip flops"…"I love my dress do you like it?" …etc. etc.

Nana went to make them name tags and Bella wrote her own name…she is getting so good at her letters. They aren't always in the right order but all of them are there.

Joel came to pick them up while dad had started his speech. He introduced them and from the back when Bella heard her name she started to wave to everyone. I don't think they wanted to leave, but they took their lollipops and headed out with daddy.

0 comments: