Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sedona, Arizona

Well, Sedona was beautiful. Blue skies, red rocks but HOT! I thought going north would be cooler than staying in 115 degrees, but it was about 103 up there. Needless to say we didn't make it to the end of the 4 miles hike because we turned around since I was about out of water. It is still one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We ate some amazing food, went swimming, hiked, shopped and explored. Slide rock (one of my favorite places as a kid) was packed with swimmers when we drove by. Being up there brought back a lot of good memories of being little, but also going up there with my favorite Alvarez family and Lisa and Bubba's about six years ago. I was amazed at how fast that area has grown since then. It was hardly recognizable. It was a needed vacation for both of us...even though we thought about Bella the entire time.





0 comments: