Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting ready for the holidays

Well I finally had time to sit down and catch up the blog. I know I haven't been so good about this, so hopefully everyone follows us on Facebook...it seems easier to put snippets about what is going on on there. So anyway here's a little catch up.

The girls in typical fashion have been funny. Their personalities are becoming more unique. You can tell in how they say good night. The other day Bella said "Mommy I love you all the way to Heaven" Gabby said "Good Night Toodles".

Bella is very sensitive. She'll say "I love you mommy" out of the blue, or come up and hug us. She gets worried people don't like her clothes, so I'm trying to instill that it doesn't matter as long as she does. The other day she wanted to buy presents for kids that didn't have any. It means a lot that she's learning the importance of giving at such a young age.

Her inquisitive little mind did get a rock stuck up her nose a few weeks ago. I had to go pick her up and then Papa had to get it out with forceps...pinchers as she called them. It took 3 of us to hold her down. I think she was for afraid of forceps than it actually hurt her.

Gabby is our little comedian. She seems to be okay with having a brother or a sister now. For awhile she would insist on only having a sister. We would try and tell her that Jesus would decide what we would have and we'll be happy with a brother or sister and she would reply "Jesus better pick a sister, a girl, girl, girl". Finally she has turned the corner when I explained she could play catch with a brother, since she loves sports and has quite an arm. I think she's just excited to be a big sister. She prays for the baby every night and hugs and kisses my tummy. She is still a little lover and definitely Daddy's girl. We are trying to discipline her more as we recognize she gets away with so much more than Bella.




0 comments: